You’ve heard the saying that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. I actually think in some cases a pound of prevention is worth even an ounce of cure. For instance, brushing our teeth twice daily is more than an ounce of prevention. Here are some other examples that are worth the extra effort:
- Warm up for five minutes prior to any exercise activity.
- Stretch regularly.
- Take any new ache or pain seriously by modifying your exercise routine and by seeking medical advice for anything persistent.
- Stay hydrated throughout the day.
- Wear quality athletic shoes and discard them for new ones as prescribed by the manufacturer.
- See your physician regularly for health maintenance exams.
Of course the biggest investment in prevention is regular exercise. And while we are on that subject, please join me for the Dash4Dad annual run/walk to support the fight against prostate cancer on Saturday, June 14th at 8 AM in Sandy Springs, GA.